marine litter solutions.com showcases the global plastics alliance's work toward solving ocean pollution and reducing ocean plastic. learn more about our projects. many nations joined together with one focus and implementing solutions to tackle the global challenge of ocean plastic.
plastic ocean project, inc (pop) started in 2008 as a graduate student thesis project in wilmington, nc. after traveling nearly 10,000 nm and witnessing the proliferation of plastic in some of the most remote places on the planet, a small group of volunteers work together to form the much needed non profit who's mission is to combat plastic pollution.
cutting river plastic waste. the benioff ocean initiative is now accepting proposals from interdisciplinary teams to launch a pilot project that will capture plastic waste in rivers before it reaches the ocean and create an associated communications campaign to reduce plastic waste.
in this ocean science project, you will find out what happens to sea levels if the ice at the north pole melts, or if the ice at the south pole melts. it is an important question for the millions of people who enjoy living along the coasts of the world.
clean oceans international is developing practical solutions to plastic pollution through innovation, education, and direct action.
this geography primary resource helps children learn about the impact of human activity — particularly plastic waste — on our planet's oceans. discover how non biodegradable plastic is putting sea life at risk, as well as the dangers and threats posed by overfishing and climate change.how much plastic ends up in our oceans?
the plastic disclosure project is an environmental reporting framework that enables manufacturers, services, municipalities to manage and reduce their plastic waste by measuring and understanding their plastic
we're aiming to pick up 100,000 plastic bottles, lids, cups, straws (and microplastics) from all around the globe, forests, road sides, anywhere we find them. why 100,000 this is the number of sea mammals supposedly killed each year from being trapped in plastic or by eating it.
· 5 incredible organizations that are making the world's oceans cleaner [list] as well as mit media lab director joi ito are behind the project and neil young, richard branson and jean michel cousteau are all big supporters. a non profit organization dedicated to understanding plastic marine pollution that works towards oceans free of
this initial pilot project will start by keeping 16,000 pounds of plastics out of the ocean. infograph/the dangers of ocean plastics there are over five trillion plastic particles floating in our oceans.
the florida microplastic awareness project (fmap) is a citizen science project that was funded in 2015 by an outreach and education grant from noaa's marine debris program. volunteer citizens are collecting coastal water samples, filtering them and looking for microplastics.
· the online ocean science community has been vocally skeptical about the ocean cleanup, a device that aims to physically remove plastic pollution from the ocean. drs. kim martini and miriam goldstein published a technical review of its feasibility
plastic pollution lesson plan. thank you for supporting the ocean by celebrating world oceans day! this lesson was designed with youth in mind and we hope that young people will use this resource to teach their peers and community members about plastic pollution, inspire them with solutions, and empower them by doing an activity.
the oceans face a massive and growing threat from something you encounter everyday: plastics. an estimated 17.6 billion pounds of plastic leaks into the marine environment from land based sources every year—this is roughly equivalent to dumping a garbage truck full of plastic into the oceans every minute. a garbage truck's worth of plastic
· the most common response to the project, however, highlights the central issue with plastic pollution in general: ocean cleanup's fleet is nowhere near sufficient considering how much plastic we're producing—and discarding—every year. ideally, we'd take action to keep plastic waste from getting into the ocean in the first place.
ocean plastics labthe ocean plastics lab is an international traveling exhibition about science:it showcases the contribution of science to understand and tackle the problem of plastics in the ocean.ocean plastics lab in lisbon the opl will be in lisbon, portugal, form the 14 – 26 of may in front of pavilhão do conhecimento – centro 
· the amount of plastic in the ocean could triple by the year 2025, according to a new report on the future of the seas. considering there's already over 5.25 trillion pieces of plastic trash in
gritti britches has collaborated with plastic ocean project to help clean up the ocean and look good doing it. using artwork created with plastic from the ocean by plastic ocean project founder, they tell the story of how humans have changed the seascape with plastic.
· the project is the creation of boyan slat, a 24 year old dutch college dropout who raised more than $30 million on a five year quest to build an ocean cleaning machine.his inspiration dates to a
@skyoceanrescue. it's time to #passonplastic. show your support by sharing how you're cutting down on single use plastic, challenge your friends and family by tagging them in